Thursday, November 15, 2012

Secrets Excerpt!

Hey guys! I'm writing a story that hopefully will be succesful. Today I'm going to show you the Prologue. Please tell me in the comments if you like it!


“Come on Come on! Unlock the door!” She shouted in my ear as I tried jamming the key in that miniscule key hole. You could hear the stomp-stomp as he climbed the flight of stairs. I was sweaty, my clothes were filthy, and I was overcome with a sick feeling. My feet were killing me. All I could do was try to save all four of us. This was my fault. He’s after me, they’re innocent. But he doesn’t care. He’ll kill them with no care whatsoever. But I’m the main target. In his mind, I need to be dead. I tried turning the key. My heart stopped.

“I’m…” I started. “sorry” I whispered. Stomp- Stomp. He made it. Did I still have my only form of defense? I did the only thing I could think of, the one solution:

I kicked the door. Crack. Was that one of the hinges? Crack ,crack ,crack. My foot was pounding on the door like a hammer. A thin line stretched the length of the door. Crack. It’s open now.

Bangarang!” I yell. It’s the only word that crossed my mind within the millisecond I have to think. It’s the catch cry from the lost boys in Hook. I guess they understood, or at least got the point, because they ran through the door. Just as I was about to make it to the door, he caught me by my shirt and shoved me violently against the wall.

Get out alive!” I screamed until every bit of air escaped my lungs. He didn’t say anything. I knew he wouldn’t. He reached into his belt, where the gun holster was.

Survive. I thought. I hoped that the others would be okay.

Get out alive.

What did you think?


3 comments:

  1. I think it is not that good as I thought it would have less paragraphs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is an excerpt from a book I'm writing, s oit's going to be long. Thank you for the feedback.

      Delete
  2. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete